Who we are
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Information you provide us: We collect the information you provide us when you create an account, sign up for our newsletter, or contact us. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Information we collect automatically: When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system. We also collect information about the pages you visit on our website, the links you click, and the actions you take.
- Information from third-party services: We may collect information from third-party services, such as social media platforms, analytics providers, and advertising networks. This information may include your demographic information, interests, and browsing history.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide you with the services you request: We use the information you provide us to provide you with the services you request, such as shipping your order or sending you marketing emails.
- To improve our website and services: We use the information we collect to improve our website and services, such as by understanding how you use our website and what products or services you are interested in.
- To send you marketing communications: We may use the information you provide us to send you marketing communications, such as email newsletters or promotional offers.
- To comply with the law: We may use the information we collect to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those related to fraud prevention and intellectual property protection.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with third parties for a variety of purposes, including:
- Service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers who help us operate our website and services, such as shipping companies or email marketing providers.
- Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you joint products or services or to help us market our products or services to you.
- Compliance with the law: We may share your information with third parties to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those related to fraud prevention and intellectual property protection.
You have a number of choices about how we use your information. You can:
- Opt out of marketing communications: You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Access and control your information: You can access and control your personal information by logging into your account. You can also update your contact information, change your privacy settings, or delete your account.
- Make a complaint: If you have any concerns about how we handle your personal information, you can reach us by using the Contact Us form. You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. These measures include:
- Physical security measures: We store your personal information in secure facilities.
- Technical security measures: We use encryption and other security measures to protect your personal information when it is transmitted over the internet.
- Employee training: We train our employees on the importance of protecting your personal information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary. We may use QUIC.cloud services to process & cache your data temporarily. Please see https://quic.cloud/privacy-policy/ for more details.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).